Foodservice workers must disinfect, clean, and sanitize to avoid cross-contamination. It can be hard to keep track of all the cleaning tasks in a restaurant and how often you should clean it. We created this checklist for restaurant cleaners that can be used by your staff to help them keep track of all the tasks they need to complete. This checklist can be used in conjunction with our large selection of restaurant supplies.
Back-of-House Cleaning Checklist
It is essential to clean the back-of house area regularly and thoroughly in order to prevent cross-contamination or the spread of bacteria. To see a complete list of items you should clean in the back-of house, please refer to our checklist for restaurant kitchen cleaning:
- Cleanse the walls if there are any splashes
- Clean the range, flattop, grill, fryer, flattop and range.
- Replace the foil lining at the top of your ranges, flattops, and grills.
- Other equipment such as toasters, microwaves and toasters should be cleaned.
- Prepare surfaces for cleaning with surface sanitizing chemical
- Clean the beverage dispenser heads in the soda fountains. Bars should clean the soda gun tips
- Let the utensils and smallwares, as well as flatware and glassware, dry in the sun overnight.
- Make sure to clean the sinks
- Wash uniforms, aprons and rags in the washer
- Replace empty paper towels with refillable soap dispensers
- Walk-in fridges and storage spaces are a great option
- Recycle and take out trash
- Clean the waste disposal area.
- Use floor care products to sweep and mop your floors.
- Clean ovens including walls, doors, and racks
- Do not use the faucets or sinks
- Heat the deep fryer
- Clean and maintain walk-in freezers
- Clean any anti-fatigue mats
- Drain cleaner can be used on floor drains
- To prevent clogs, wash behind the hotline
- To remove accumulated grime, run cleaning and sanitizing chemicals in the espresso or coffee machine.
- Every 6 months, clean out and sanitize your ice machine
- Clean the freezer and sanitize it
- To remove dust, clean refrigerator coils
- Clear out grease traps
- To remove grease buildup, wash walls and ceilings
- Wash vent hoods every few months
- Replace pest traps
Front-of-House Cleaning Checklist
Cleanliness in the front-of-house is crucial as it affects the perception of your business by your customers and whether they return to your restaurant. This is a list of items you should clean in your front yard:
- If necessary, wipe down the walls
- Make sure to clean the tables
- Clean condiments and salt shakers.
- All counters should be wiped clean
- Clean the benches and seats
- Wash cloth napkins, tablecloths and waitstaff aprons in the washer.
- Vacuum carpets
- Recycle and take out trash
- All trash and recycling bins must be cleaned both inside and out
- Clean and mop the floors
- Sanitize and clean the restroom surfaces
- Clean out the toilets
- Bathroom sinks should be cleaned
- Take out all feminine hygiene products bags
- Get rid of the toilet trash
- Clean and mop the toilet floors
- Clean the light fixtures with a damp cloth
- Door and windows with wash glass
- Clean the handles of the doors
- Dust wall art and decorations
- Look at the ceiling for cobwebs
- Wipe the walls